The all-new R8 is the newest addition to the industry’s most talked about line of radar detectors. Its dual antenna allows the R8 to detect threats from all 4 directions, with voice alerts for the direction of threat. It even shows the direction, band, and signal strength for each. Perfect just got better.
The R8’s Dual-Antenna allows the R8 to detect threats from all 4 directions
• Laser Jammer Capability
With the optional laser jammer, add up to 6 laser jammer transponders to insure complete protection from laser gun detection
•Optional Remote Keypad
Allows easy access to the radar menus and functions without having to reach the R8 buttons on the unit
- Super Long Range Laser Radar Detection
- MRCD/MRCT [Alert priority: GPS alarms, Laser, MRCD, Gatso, Radar (Ka, K, X) with customizable tones]
- Dual Antennas display Laser direction
- Voice Notifications
- Radar band frequency displays
- GPS for Red Light and Speed camera locations
- Up to 1,750 GPS lockouts
- Easy-to-read OLED display
- User Mark set and alarm with voice notification (up to 1,750 User Mark points)
- Advanced K and Ka band filters
- Spectre I and IV undetectable
- Displays Signal Strength and Vehicle Battery Voltage
- Max. Speed Warning System
- Red light camera point delete
- 12 X, K, MRCD, Gatso, Ka, and Laser band selectable alert tones
- Bogey tone (Alert tones 1 – 5)
- X, K, and Ka band user-defined sensitivity levels
- Auto mute volume levels (Off, On: 0 – 7)
- Ka Frequency Voice Alert
- Auto Dim
- Overspeed Alert Mute
- POI database save and update (Max. 20,000 points)
- POI alarms (Speed and Red-light cameras, and User Marks)
- 2 POI types: Speed Camera and Red-Light camera
- POI alarm on/off
- Laser gun ID
- Vehicle battery saver and Low Battery warning
- Red-light camera quiet ride
- Speed unit display (mph and km/h)
- Compass display (8 directions)
- Memory Quota
- K Block Filter to block K band monitor systems
- Auto Mute Memory
- 2 Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA)
- Gatso RT3/RT4 detection
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- R8NZ Radar Detector
- Carrying Case
- Single + Double Suction Bracket
- Car Charger with Mute Key, USB Port, and Side Port to plug in optional Remote Keypad accessory
- Owner’s Manual
We have released the Uniden R8NZ firmware version 127.106.116 for download from our website here: https://blulink.co.nz/product/radar-detector-r8-nz/
This firmware release includes Bluetooth and can be updated by customers themselves with a PC, Micro USB cable and the software which is available in the above links.
The GPS database is currently version 1.47. This was released earlier this year and is available from the links above.
It added 9 new Auckland speed cameras, fixed some existing cameras and removed some old speed cameras that we found were no longer installed.
A new version of the R Series Tool has been released and it’s available from the links above.
Once you have updated your R8NZ/R4NZ radar detector with the latest firmware and installed the latest R Series Tool you will be able to adjust the settings from within the software.
The New Zealand Government is currently rolling out new red-light and speed cameras throughout the country.
If you see any new red light or speed cameras and you do not get alerted, please email us back so that we can verify and add it to future database releases.