Introducing the compact size, big sound all-in-one Sonos player, with 3 drivers powered by 3 digital amps. Set it up with one touch and start streaming your entire iTunes library, music services, and over 100,000 Internet radio stations, podcasts and shows all over your home. Control everything with your Android, iPhone or iPad with the free SONOS Controller app. Go vertical, go horizontal, hide it on a shelf or mount it on the wall. Start with one – or pair two for true stereo sound, – then expand anywhere.
- Stream your entire music library, music services, and radio stations
- Wireless, easy to set up
- Start with one, expand everywhere
- Versatile enough to put anywhere – horizontal or vertical
- 3 driver HiFi speaker system
- Available in black or white
Intense, immersive sound.
- Three speakers powered by three dedicated digital amplifiers The PLAY:3 uses three state-of the-art digital amplifiers individually coupled with three speakers to deliver great sound to any room. The wireless music system provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home. A bass radiator produces powerful low notes while two mid-range drivers and one tweeter fills out the sound.
- Class-D amplifiers State of the art, great sounding amplifiers that are light-weight, powerful and very energy-efficient in standby and use.
- Tweeter One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high-frequency response.
- Mid-range drivers Two dedicated mid-range drivers ensure the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments.
- Bass radiator A bass radiator is tuned to use the energised air volume inside of PLAY:3 to provide deep, clean and surprisingly powerful bass from such a small package.
- Stereo Pair Turn two PLAY:3s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
- 5.1 Home Theatre Add two PLAY:3 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- All-digital sound architecture All filter settings, active equalisation, and time-alignment are done in the digital domain through state-of-the-art DSP circuitry so there’s absolutely no loss of audio quality or energy.
- Adjustable bass and treble controls Optimise sound performance using room-specific bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms
- Trueplay tuning Trueplay measures the acoustics in any room – analyzing things like size, layout and furnishings. Then fine-tunes your PLAY:3 to make the music sound great, no matter where you place your speaker.
Access all your music
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations, free of charge Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts, all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer: browse for stations, or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
- Endless music from the most popular online music services Sonos works seamlessly with Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, Radio by TuneIn, SiriusXM, Google Play Music, SoundCloud, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Rhapsody, Rdio, Qobuz, TIDAL and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Computer-free music playback Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading, or even turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
- Play the music on your computer in any room Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes® to MP3.
- Stream music from an iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® Sonos wirelessly plays your iTunes® music, direct from your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®, to any room in your home.
Other cool features
- Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house When wirelessly connected to a BRIDGE, BOOST or another player, you can use the Ethernet port on the back of your PLAY:3 to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or network hard drive.
- Top-panel controls Provides quick access to music, volume and play/pause controls when you don’t have a controller to hand. Press the mute button once to start or stop the music and twice to skip to the next track.
- Multiple orientations Position the PLAY:3 in a horizontal or vertical orientation to make a perfect fit into tight spots around your home like on bookshelves, nightstands, corners, or just about anywhere else. The EQ automatically adjusts so the sound you hear is always great, no matter what orientation you use.
- Rubber feet Place the PLAY:3 on any kind of surface in your home without fear of scratches or scrapes.
Control your Sonos system with your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android™ device, iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad™ Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play™.
- Integrated, multi-room control If you have multiple music players, you can control what’s playing in any room from anywhere in your house. Sonos Controllers aren’t tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
- Find and play your favourite songs in an instant Search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in your home.
- Wireless connectivity Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your Sonos system through your home WiFi network.
- Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PC Turn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every Sonos component.
Wireless multi-room music with SonosNet
- Built-in wireless capability The PLAY:3 can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Players and Controllers establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
- Play a different song in every room, at the same time Tune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room — simultaneously.
- Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronisation Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
Simple setup and expandable design
- Simple setup No technical or wireless expertise required. Put a PLAY:3 in any room where you want music and connect it to your home WiFi network using the free Sonos Controller App. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Sonos CONTROL. With the touch of a few buttons, you’ll be playing music all over the house in minutes.
- Expandable wireless system Expand your wireless music system room by room. Wirelessly add more PLAY:3s to your house and enjoy true multi-room music.
- Simple to move The PLAY:3 is so small that it is easy to move to the backyard, deck or any other room. Simply pick it up, plug it in, and enjoy the music.
Automatic software updates
- New features and music services delivered automatically — and for free The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
Brackets and floorstands now available