Multi-Dimensional Excitement with Dolby Atmos®
The SC-LX901 is compatible with 7.2.4ch/7.2.2ch/5.2.4ch configuration of the latest cinema sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers.
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio.
The SC-LX901 comes with Chromecast built-in, so you can use your mobile device to stream your favourite music, radio, or podcasts to the receiver. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Chromecast-enabled apps running on your personal device—iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook™. Discover Chromecast-enabled apps at g.co/cast/audioapps.
* Chromecast buillt-in will be available with future firmware update.
Ultra HD (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit) Upscaling/Pass-Through with HDCP 2.2
The feature lets you take advantage of the highest-quality video source for viewing on a 4K TV. With support for HDCP 2.2, you can enjoy premium content such as 4K videos with digital copy protection on a compatible display. What’s more, the SC-LX901 is ready for the HDR (High Dynamic Range) and BT.2020 next generation video standards.
* Supports up to 4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit with HDCP 2.2 on HDMI IN (1/2/3/4/5) and HDMI OUT (MAIN/SUB).
MCACC Pro Auto Room Tuning
MCACC Pro, the pinnacle of Pioneer’s auto room tuning technology, analyses the phase and group delay characteristics to precisely control phase differences between speakers. MCACC Pro corrects phase differences in all ranges and all channels, from phase difference in the original audio material to the sound emitted from the speakers.
Full Band Phase Control
Pioneer’s Phase Control technology effectively eliminates phase lag and significantly improves the multi-channel sound without any extra operation. Furthermore, The Full Band Phase Control technology focuses on the group delay in the speaker network filter, and adjusts the phase of each unit as well as the group delay for each speaker. Multi-range speakers gain the sound coherence of full-range speakers, while retaining the wide frequency range advantage. In an environment where the phase of all units and all channels are precisely controlled, a remarkably clear sound location with a surrounding feel is achieved. In combination with MCACC Pro, the ideal multi-channel reproduction environment can be created, which faithfully replicates object audio and the intention of the directors.
High directivity sound reflects off the ceiling, while low directivity sound directly reaches the ears. This difference causes a phase shift, making the sound feel uncomfortable. To solve this, the new technology optimizes the performance of your up-firing elevation speakers for your listening environment, by aligning the phase of direct and indirect sound, matching the basic tone, and optimizing the upward-oriented frequencies. The result is overall seamless sound with Dolby enabled speakers, allowing the ideal reproduction of three-dimensional surround sound.
Multi-room Audio Offers a Variety of Ways to Enjoy Music
FireConnect™ mirrors network audio and external analogue sources connected to the master component—from streaming services to vinyl records—on FireConnect™-compatible speakers in other rooms. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into Pioneer Remote App for iOS and Android.
* FireConnect™ is enabled with a firmware update. Sharing of audio from external inputs depends on the model and is enabled with a future firmware update. Sampling rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz are supported. FireConnect is a technology based on Blackfire provided by Blackfire Research Corp., USA.
- Channels: 11
- Amplification Type: Class D (Direct Energy HD)
- 850 W Multi-ch Simultaneous Drive (8 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %)
- 270 W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 1ch Driven IEC)
- 200 W/ch (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 1ch Driven IEC)
- Advanced Direct Construction
- Rigid Trans-Stabilizer
- Anti-Standing Wave Insulator
- AIR Studios Sound Tuning
- Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround
- DTS:X/DTS Neural:X
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby® TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-HD High Resolution Audio/DTS 96/24/DTS-ES/DTS-HD Express
- DSD Direct Playback via Network/USB (11.2, 5.6, 2.8 MHz/2ch)
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/5.1ch, 2ch)
- Digital Core Engine with Cirrus Logic (Quad Core) x1
- ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC (ES9016S)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- MCACC Pro Auto Room Tuning
- Full Band Phase Control
- Precision Distance
- Subwoofer EQ (4 Band)
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
- Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround, Auto Surround
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)
- HDR and BT.2020 Support
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), “x.v.Colour”
Home Network Features
- FireConnect™*1 for Multi-room Audio
- Chromecast built-in*1*2
- Apple AirPlay Certified
- Spotify®, Tidal*1, and Deezer*1 Music Streaming Services Ready*3
- Internet Radio (TuneIn)
- Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC, AIFF, FLAC, WAV
- 11.2/5.6/2.8 MHz DSD Playback
- Dolby® TrueHD Playback (USB only)
- Built-in Wi-Fi® (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz)
- Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.1, Profile: A2DP/AVRCP, Codec: SBC/AAC)
- Pioneer Remote App Ready (iOS/Android*4
- iControlAV5 Remote Control App Ready (iOS/Android),sup>*4
- New GUI with System/Network Setup Menu
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- HDMI 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC Setup MIC In
- Phones 1 Out
- HDMI 7 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 2 Out (1 for MAIN, 1 for SUB)
- Ethernet 1 In
- AV (Component) 2 In (Assignable)
- AV (Composite) 2 In (Assignable)
- Audio 2 In (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 In
- Digital Coaxial 2 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 3 In (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- Zone 2/ZONE 3 Pre/Line Out
- Speaker 11 ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, HEIGHT 2/ZONE 2/SP-B, SURROUND BACK, SURROUND, HEIGHT 1/Bi-AMP/ZONE 3)
- IR 1 In/1 Out
- 12 V Trigger 2 Out/RS-232C
- FM/AM Antenna
- Power Requirements: AC 220-230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption/Standby: 340 W/0.15 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 185 x 441 mm
- Weight: 18.3 kg