DacMagic XS Our best ever portable DAC
The DacMagic XS USB Digital to analogue converter (DAC)/ headphone amp is an instant upgrade to any computer’s sound output. It connects quickly and easily to any USB port and allows you to hear your favourite music and movies with every drop of detail, exactly as the artist intended.
ENHANCE YOUR MUSIC
Whilst your computer might be great for spreadsheets and emails, it’s not at all that good at processing sound. That’s why our engineers designed our award winning DacMagic XS to instantly upgrade the sound output from your laptop. Just plug it into the USB connection of your computer or Mac for incredible, detailed high resolution audio.
POWER AND VOLUME
DacMagic XS delivers up to 10 times more power than most laptop soundcards. The headphone output from most laptops only outputs about 15-20mW, meaning weak bass and a lack of depth. The DacMagic XS however can output a massive 105mW for proper depth and volume that will drive the very best headphone set ups hard, with detailed sound and amazing bass.
The volume available is easily adjusted on the simple ngertip controls and an LED shows the sample rate, so you always know you’re getting the right level of clarity and detail from your tracks.
We know you won’t want to be without it, so we machined the DacMagic XS’s lightweight but hardwearing chassis from aluminium, for a total weight of just 100g.
When running in USB Class 2 mode, the DacMagic XS can also use our dedicated Windows USB Class 2 USB driver (driver not required for Apple computers). This allows you to bypass the computer operating system’s poor audio path, preventing unwanted interference and re-sampling and guaranteeing professional quality audio output. You don’t need to put up with bad sound from a laptop, ever again.
- Connections Micro USB input, 3.5mm analogue output
- Digital to analogue converter ESS9023 24-bit DAC
- Sample rates supported USB 1.0 mode: 16/24-bit, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz USB 2.0 mode: 16/24-bit, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
- Output voltage 2V RMS
- Max. power consumption150mW
- Min. headphone impedance 12 Ohms
- Frequency response +/-0.2dB 20Hz – 20kHz
- THD (unweighted)<0.004%
- Signal to Noise Ratio103 dBr (unweighted)
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz66dB
- Output impedance 0.5 Ohms
- Volume steps 53 steps (54 different volume levels)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)30 x 10 x 53.5mm (1.2 x 0.4 x 2.1’’)
- Weight 100g (3.5oz)