CXR120 120W AV Receiver
The CXR120 is your complete home cinema hub. It brings together all of our hi-fi expertise for a powerful and immersive home cinema experience. We also designed it from the ground up to be the heart of your digital set-up, so it’s got the same award winning Cambridge Audio StreamMagic streaming module found in our CXN network music player. It’s an audiophile’s hi-fi, a movie buff’s AVR, and a music lover’s digital streamer – all in one box.
We created the CXRs with the same premise as any of our other hi-fi products – with amazing sound at the core of their design. Through class AB amplification the CXR120 delivers extremely low noise and distortion levels and is rated at 120 wtts in stereo mode or 60 wtts with all seven channels driven. The power supply is via a low flux audiophile-grade toroidal transformer with a substantially extruded heat sink; the result is that the CXR120 delivers smooth seamless sound with incredible precision. You no longer need two separate systems for your music and movies, the 120 will bring power and energy to anything you put through it.
Complementing the audio prowess, its visual performance is second to none. HDMI connections are 2.0 rated (apart from the MHL input which is 1.4), and support 4K and 3D standards, the CXR120 will also upscale all 1080p signals to 4K ultra high definition. With Deep Colour support too, the perfect picture is guaranteed with vivid colours and lifelike detail.
KING OF THE STREAMERS
We know that people store their music in various different places and in a countless number of formats, and we also know that people use lots of different streaming services so they can listen to any track in the world. To keep everyone happy we’ve incorporated our complete StreamMagic streaming platform which brings with it NAS drive and UPnP playback, Spotify Connect, thousands of Internet Radio stations, and the ability to play just about any file from basic MP3s to 24-bit/192kHz hi-res files, either wired, from USB hard drives, or via Wi-Fi, all with fantastic depth and quality.
The free Cambridge Connect App for iOS and Android devices brings the whole experience to life. Whether it’s flicking through album artwork, building playlists or setting presets, the app allows intuitive browsing and navigation of all your music. The App can also control power on/off, source selection and volume of the CXR120.
EVERY CONNECTION YOU NEED
Whatever format your entertainment takes, the CXR120 can connect with it beautifully. The seven HDMI input sockets cater for all your visual feeds, one of which is a front facing MHL port, making it simple to watch phone content on your big screen. Other front ports of the CXR include USB and MP3 aux-in, so if it’s on a portable device you can still enjoy it through the 120.
Further digital inputs include two co-axial digital sockets and two optical ports. Add a BT100 Bluetooth receiver and it will pair with any compatible device, allowing playback in superb quality thanks to aptX technology. Analogue options are well catered for too: 3 line level inputs, one recording output, and 7.1 multi-channel direct inputs. There’s even support for Direct Stream Digital (DSD), allowing you to play back Super Audio CDs from your universal player. It’s a long list but basically you can enjoy anything!
2 HDMI OUTPUTS
The CXR120 has two HDMI outputs. These can be used to run two displays at the same time; ideal if you have a screen in a second room, or want to use a projector for movies but a TV screen for day to day use.
VERSATILE SET UP
The 120 can be set up in a number of different ways. It features height channel processing so when using a 5.1 set-up, the unused 6th and 7th speaker channels can be used instead for overhead ‘height’ effects. 7.1, or 7.2 channel set ups are also available thanks to twin subwoofer outputs.
- Power output 120 watts RMS per channel, 6 ohms (two channels driven), 155 watts RMS per channel, 4 ohms (two channels driven), 100 watts RMS per channel, 8 ohms (two channels driven), 60 watts RMS per channel, 8 ohms (all 7 channels driven)
- HDMI HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, ARC supported on HDMI 1 output
- Audio Inputs 3 x Analogue, Tuner (FM/AM), 7.1 multi-channel analogue direct, 2 x digital coaxial, 2 x optical
- Video Inputs 6 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x MHL compatible (HDMI 1.4 – max 1080p)
- Main Audio Outputs7 Amplified Speaker Outputs, 2 x subwoofer outputs
- Video Output 2 x HDMI 2.0, ARC through HDMI 1
- Other connections1 x 1/4” / 6.35mm Headphone Output (32 To 600 ohms recommended), IR emitter input, IR receiver input, 2x IR outputs2 x 12V trigger outputs, 1 RS232C, 1 IEC type mains inlet, Wi-Fi module, RJ45 Ethernet, BT100 Bluetooth (BT100 not supplied), Spotify Connect
- Audio formats (network streaming and USB HDD)ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis (16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz), DSD (via HDMI)
- Max power consumption 1000W
- Standby power consumption <0.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D)*165 x 430 x 420mm (6.5 x 16.9 x 16.5’’)
- Weight 13.2kg (29lbs)